Creode is recruiting for a Digital Project Manager to work within our growing team of digital specialists to coordinate the documentation and delivery of projects.
Working closely with our account client services team, the successful candidate will lead the process of taking a client brief and turning it into documented project deliverables and managing the delivery through UX, design and development teams.
This will include a combination of planning and delivering web application and digital activation projects and ongoing retainer tasks such as site maintenance, migrations, hosting and functionality enhancement.
You should be able to combine creative and technical thinking to come up with novel solutions to complex problems; understand and manage project risks and keep on top of the details to mitigate against them. You’ll be someone who can adapt to our ways of doing things as well as bringing new thinking and approaches.
We’re offering a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to join a fast-growing digital agency where you can make your mark.
You’ll be working with a range of clients, from startups to household names, delivering technical digital projects from scratch and support or enhancement of existing systems
- Lead internal and client workshops to uncover requirements, documenting these once agreed.
- Work with teams from across Creode to define the technical solution to be delivered, taking account of the available budget, delivery timeframe, team skills and outsourcing requirements.
- Write needs-based user stories and acceptance criteria, covering all internal and external user types.Work with the UX and design teams to develop wireframes and prototypes that convey the user experience and deliver on the defined user stories. Understand technical requirements and limitations, and document these with sufficient detail for the development team to work from.
- Understanding and documenting technical dependencies, including third party technologies, CMS modules/plugins, tagging requirements, API functionality and so on.
- Work with appropriate teams to provide accurate quotes for the delivery of the project as specified.
- Understanding the internal and external resource availability to deliver each project.
- Work with client service and project management teams to plan work and deliver projects on time.
- Ensure each team is fully briefed and has the inputs they require before they start work.
- Work with relevant teams to ensure key milestones are hit. This allows different teams to work efficiently together.
- Where necessary, work with external delivery partners to ensure projects can be delivered on time.
- Manage project budgets and timelines. Provide early warnings to project stakeholders when either is in danger of slipping.
Client Relationship Management
- Maintain and build strong relationships with stakeholders and third party suppliers.
- Proactively contribute to the client’s business, both strategically and on an operational level.
- Identify opportunities to develop the account where possible.
Desirable Skills and Experience
We don’t expect you to have all of these, but some would be an advantage. For the more technical elements below, we’re looking for conceptual understanding, not hands-on experience.
- An understanding of software architecture.
- An understanding of the hardware used to support web applications.
- Experience using and implementing Google Analytics and Tag Manager.
- Experience using Kanban based agile project management systems, including ticket and sprint management.
- An understanding of the things that affect website performance, site speed and SEO
This role will be a hybrid role with a mix of work from home and working in the Leeds city-centre based office.